Tuesday 8 December 2015

Storm in a teacup:memoirs of a tea lady. Chapter 13



 Chapter 13.

Mother kept to her bed while I continued to work as a tea lady.  I was beginning to become quite skilled at serving tea.  In each hand, I could now carry three cups of tea on saucers.  As a special party trick I could even balance a teacup, filled with tea, on my head! Things were looking up.  People were no longer asking after my mother.  Buoyed by my success I began to juggle teacups and plates into the air.   I entertained thoughts of going into show business.  But in the dead of night, away from the limelight, the voice of commonsense spoke to me, “pack it in.”
                So I packed away my dreams.
                I focused on my career as a tea lady.
 But in a spirit of defiance I became a closet crockery juggler, and a pretty good one, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are continuing with this. Was worried that the tea lady had packed away the crockery. Now I discover, with joy, that she is juggling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you dear Felicity. The tea lady has been busy of late, on a worldwide tour promoting the benefits of tea, as well as doing the odd juggling gig. Her show went down a treat at the Edinburgh Festival this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going with these, please! And turn them into a book! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Louise, the tea lady while chuffed with your encouraging comment, told me to tell you that once your own fine novel is published, then she’ll see about getting her memoirs published.xx

    ReplyDelete