Friday 28 October 2011

A New Blogger

Calling myself a blogger sounds like I have just immigrated from some country located between India and Russian. ‘Ello, I am from Blogistan.  In my country we eat books . Crops are poor in winter, make book stew. We very…how you say…litter...rare... people.’
Being a blogger is pretty new terrain for this cyber-immigrant, so I do hope you blogger locals will be accommodating and kind and help me along.

 My blog will be about books , life, and everything in between. A stew. To get the ball rolling I’d like to demand that everyone read   Mary Lawson’s superlative novel Crow Lake at least once.  I loved it.It's a masterpiece that demands many a re-read. And read her other novel too - The Other Side of The Bridge - when you get the time. Now I best rattle my dags and get dinner on!


2 comments:

  1. Well hi there Marlish, this is my very first time as a blogger, so you have changed my life. I am currently reading The Paperbark Shoe by Goldie Goldbloom. Loving it. For various reasons, I would recomment Alan Carter's debut novel, Prime Cut, if you havent already done so. I do not go in for detective stories usually, but he is a local guy and the story is based in WA and very believable. And a rollickingly good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahoy fellow blogger! I've read both The Paperbark Shoe and Prime Cut and loved both of them. Another two great Western Australian writers and novels are Felicity Young's Take Out, a crime novel. And Amanda Curtin's anthology of short stories Inherited. Both books are brilliant!
    Now I best rattle my dags and git doin' some housework! Reality weighs in, as she does most days early.

    ReplyDelete